Saturday, March 8, 2008

Birthday Whimsy SAB set


I saw a card on SCS that really took my fancy. Here by Cathee Anderson. If there's anyone else who I should thank for the inspiration for this card, I do. Thank you. Just clean and simple using the Sale-a-bration set Birthday Whimsy. So using some ribbon I had bought, I matched Stampin' Up cardstock to it and set to making these cards. I started off making just the one but had cardstock enough left to alter the different positions of colour and ended up with 4 cards out of 4 pieces of carstock. Good value I thought. The Stamp-a-ma-jig came into play with the placing of the wording. Brilliant. I've used other stamp positioners but this is the best.

So cardstock used Stampin' Up Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Orchid Opulence. Inks were Stampin' Up in the same colours plus Black Stazon. Ribbon I suspect is a Finishing Touches one that a friend of mine stocks.


The first of these cards is a RAK from a member of our Stampin' Up team, Deb. It's gorgeous. Thanks Deb. The second is from my upline Jean. The 'grass' coming out of the vase is slivers of cardstock that Jean stamped in reds and greens to resemble a real dried arrangement. It's fantastic. Love it. Thanks Jean.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow Leigh you have been a busy little beaver!! LOVE your birthday cards - so bright and happy!!
And love those RAK's too!! Isnt it fantastic to get nice cards in the mail for no particular reason!!
Thanks for sharing them all!

Karen

Kylie said...

Wonderful birthday cards, love the colours you used!
You RAK's are wonderful too!
Take care XX

Jean McKenzie said...

Leigh I love your bright birthday cards - that is a great set isn't it!! I am hoping the Garden Whimsy set is in the next catalogue - love it!!