Friday, July 4, 2008

Summer by the Sea

I wanted to try my hand at watercolouring. I'm certainly not an expert and I'm definitely in need of lots of practice. I've had my Summer by the Sea set for many moons so that was my goal today, to get an image decently coloured.

Here's the result. I don't think it's too bad. I used Apricot Appeal, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss and Creamy Caramel.

The stamp that I used on the middle layer is from the Boho Backgrounds set. 'Friends' is a Stamp It stamp that seemed to suit the card perfectly.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Leigh this is such a peaceful looking card!! LOVE IT! I love watercolouring that stamp set - its so fun!

Karen
xo

Jean McKenzie said...

Leigh, this looks so soft and pretty - you did exceptionally well with your water colouring even with one hand on the phone LOL!! I love the whole card!

Hugsss

Kylie said...

Leigh, Your card is just stunning! I wish I could water colour, mine always turns into such a mess lol!
Love the stamp set and the colours, it's soooooooo pretty!!!
Take Care

~Kylie~