Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Acetate challenge

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who comments on my blog. I think it's wonderful that you take the time to do this. I enjoy reading the comments so much. Thanks.

This card is for our team challenge which is to make an acetate card. Mmmmmm I knew exactly what I wanted to do and I've made the card but whether I'll ever be able to send it, is another matter.
I made my card then put an acetate overlay on it. You can't really see it in the photos but it's there. Sorry about the reflection of the light.
Cardstock - night of navy, whisper white
Stamps - Lovely as a Tree, Many merry messages
Ink - Black archival (stazon would work), versamark, night of navy
Accessories - white embossing powder, dazzling diamonds glitter
Thanks for looking.

13 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Leigh - this card looks amazing! I just love the use of acetate overlay!! A truly beautiful card!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is gorgeous Leigh - I love the contrasts - and you've used one of my favourite sets!! But then I have a few of those LOL.

{Sarah Coyle} said...

wow that is awesome...I am yet to try the acetate technique!!

LaToya said...

How beautiful. I never thought to lay the acetate over the card. I love the shimmering how it makes the trees look like they have been covered ina fresh blanket of snow.

Rose said...

I really like your card Leigh. Looks like a lot of work! Pretty colors!

Rose

Mandy Schiller said...

OMG what a beautiful card Leigh! I love it!

Mandyxx

Jean McKenzie said...

Just beautiful Leigh. You knew exactly what you wanted to do and it turned out so well. A magical snowy scene!!

Scrapping Julie said...

oooooooo, so beautiful. i would like to try that sometime

Karen said...

Just gorgeous Leigh!

Karen
xo

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Stunning, Leigh!! This actually looks exactly like my back yard looked when I was in Washington for Christmas. As beautiful as it is, snow stresses me out. It's hard to believe when you look at something as beautiful as your card that it could be stressful. But it is!! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

ooh - just gorgeous!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

This is an amazing card Leigh - I haven't used acetate before but after seeing this and Jean's card, I have got to learn how to. TFS

Anonymous said...

This is such an elegant and awesome looking card. I haven't yet figured out where to get acetate to try to play with it, but I love how it looks. Very nice job!