Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ocean Commotion SCS Colour Challenge 200

I decided that I needed to do another workshop card. My Artfully Asian challenge card won't be liked by the ladies. Soooooo, I was on SCS this morning and saw the Colour Challenge #200. This card seemed to flow quite easily. I cased one of my own cards, and again using Ocean Commotion this is the result.
I sponged the Confetti White with Brilliant Blue, Garden Green and Pumpkin Pie, all stamped off twice first. I wanted to give the impression of the sea in the background and sand on the ocean floor. The side edges of the confetti white were sponged in Garden Green and Pumpkin Pie on the bottom. One fish and the seahorse are popped up on dimensionals. I used my Quickie glue pen and SU Chunky sprinkles to highlight the seaweed and sand on the ocean floor. Also Dazzling Diamonds on the fish and seahorse. There isn't a greeting, this card could be used for quite a lot of occasions and besides that, there wasn't room. lol
Cardstock - Brilliant Blue, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Confetti White
Ink - Brilliant Blue, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps - SU Ocean Commotion (Summer Mini Catalogue)
Accessories - Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, chunky sprinkles, diamond dust, scallop edge punch.
I did make another card but I'll keep that for another day. I'll have to get a stock pile up çause I'm out and about practically every day next week.
Thanks for looking.

13 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

A really lovely card Leigh!! Can't believe we both worked with the same stamp set and some of the same colours today. Two totally different cards though!! I know your workshop ladies will love making this card.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is soo adorable

{Sarah Coyle} said...

WOW...this is awesome!! Looks fantastic they will LOVE IT!!

Melissa Hanlon said...

Great card!

Mel xx

Karen said...

Hey Leigh........I really love this! It looks like a little fish tank......you know the ones with the hood kinda lid!

The colours are just gorgeous! Well done!!

Karen
xo

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Absolutly beautiful your under water card!!I love maritime motifs. :-)

Hugs Anja

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Your underwater card is absolutly wonderful! I love all maritime motifs. :-)
Hugs Anja from germany

Scrapping Julie said...

absolutely adorable!!!

Teresa Kline said...

WOW...this is fantastic, totally awesome work! *~*

Jennifer Blomquist said...

wow...it looks just like an aquarium! The popped up fish, sponging, ribbon, well everything is perfect!

Mary said...

Wow, fabulous card!

Kylie said...

WOW Leigh,
Your card is amazing, It looks like your looking at a fish tank, your so clever! Love the colours too!
Take Care XX

Unknown said...

wow! this is pretty and great idea for the card.