Monday, February 9, 2009

Flights of Fancy

I needed another birthday card and as all the cardstock and paper was still out from making Jean's birthday card, I decided to make another along the same lines but using SCS214.
My new Martha Stewart branch punch had arrived in the mail last week and I was itching to play with it. Wow, it punches beautifully and I just love the effect the punched branches give to a flower embellishments. The butterfly wings have been done with heat and stick powder then dazzling diamonds glitter, cut out, and 3d onto the base butterfly.
I used another butterfly from the Stamp It A5 unmounted butterfly set.

Cardstock - Butterflies and Stripes from the Alison Ellis Designs - Flights of Fancy - Enchanted Forest range, Gold Kromecote, Bazzil Basics Serenade, Heather, Forget-me-not, Ivy, Pear
Inks- Versamagic Pretty Petunia
Accessories - SU heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, Kaisercraft flower and bling, Prima flower, purple flower from stash, dimensionals, Martha Stewart branch punch.
Thanks for looking.
On another much more serious note, I'm praying for all the victims of the Victorian bushfires and any other fires around Australia. Also for the flood victims in North Queensland.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just getting ready to get off the computer when I saw you posted this. I like this card even better than your last purple butterfly card. :) And yeah, the branches do add a neat effect to the flower. I'm sure the birthday person will love receiving this card!

Kathy Jones said...

This is so pretty!!! Don't you just love the branch punch!!!

LaToya said...

Leaigh Iwould have never thougght the branches from the flower was a punch. Very pretty.

Rose said...

Beautiful card! I have that Martha Stewart punch. I love her punches! Can't get enough of them!

Rose

{Sarah Coyle} said...

wow so beautiful! tfs!

Kylie said...

Beautiful Leigh!
Love the branches, stunning!
Take Care XX

Scrapping Julie said...

oh my goodness. this is so pretty.

Jean McKenzie said...

Bout time I got around to commenting Leigh!! Love both of your last two cards and of course I have the prettiest here in front of me IRL!! Gorgeous paper and such pretty colours!!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

oh Leigh this is beautiful and I'm so glad you told us about the branch punch (didn't know there was one out there) because I'm going to have to get one now. I love the colors as well - so very pretty.