Saturday, March 6, 2010

Over The Hill!!!!!

This is one of the male cards that I completed a few weeks ago when I had a male cardmaking frenzy on!! The papers are Boxer by Basic Grey and the stamps are by Darkroom Door. The sketch I used is one of Mercy's Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenges. Instead of the ribbon embellishment in the sketch, I added three black brads to the top RH corner instead.

The solid stamps I've been using lately really stamp beautifully with Versafine ink. The ink adheres to the rubber without beading like a lot of the waterbased dye inks tend to do on solid stamps. So instead of a patchy image you end up with a fabulous solid image as it should be.
The Boxer papers are fabulous and use earthy reds, blues, greens in the range, which as the name suggests, reminds one of the patterns used on mens boxer shorts.

The second day of full sun here which is drying up the soaked ground a bit. Thankfully there aren't any floods here but I feel for the people are flood bound further south. The washing is being hung out and dried in the sun for the first time in days and I do love sun dried towels.
Enjoy the rest of your day everyone and thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Have been wondering how you northerner are faring with thie floods - glad to hear you're OK! Great tip about the ink - it can be hard getting a crisp clean solid image! Fabulous male card!
xXx

Kathy Jones said...

Good to hear that things are drying out a bit up there!! LOVE this sentiment!!! Where on earth did you find it??? :) Love how beautifully your truck stamped too!!! Fantastic card!!!

Nancy said...

This one had me running back to see what else you've been up to! I love it ~ and that sentiment makes me smile every time :)

Jane Norrish said...

Love this card and the sentiment is something I can soooooo relate to! Catch up soon. Jane ;-)

Jean McKenzie said...

Excellent Leigh!! Love it of course. Those stamp sets are great and the wording is perfect to go with the images!