Monday, May 24, 2010

Team Swaps

This year at Sydney Convention, Kim our Team Leader organised a get together and a team swap on the Thursday. These are the boxes I made for that swap. The box is copyright by Donna from Butternut Sage Designs but you can purchase the instructions to make this box for a very reasonable price.
I had moments while making these boxes wondering what the heck I was doing this for!!!! lol
These are pics I took in the process. The trays of some of the embossing I did, before cooking and after cooking. Then the finished results. I used Donna's colours for one lot and my own for the others. Sage Shadow, Lavender Lace and Elegant Eggplant and the other boxes used Real Red, Basic Black and Brushed Gold. The stamp set is Pendant Park.
Thanks so much Donna for the inspiration. I'm pretty sure my swaps were very well received and that everyone liked them. Inside each one was a little choccie, cherry ripe for the red and twirl for the purple. I actually made 24 for the team swap and 4 that a friend ended up with.
I've got some photos of convention which I'll put up next post.
Thanks for looking,






12 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Leigh - these are truly awesome!!!! You really were a busy busy gal with your swaps - and bet you were in demand too!
Maybe I'll pop into the next one seeing as it's in Melbourne - LOL
xXx

Cheryl said...

OMG WOW these are BRILLIANT!!! I can't believe you made all these as well!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh you did a FABULOUSOOOOOOO job on the Tea Box...I am so happy you loved them and enjoyed making them. I hope you will be back for more of my templates! HUGS!!!!
~Donna

Jean McKenzie said...

Didn't I tell you Leigh just so much the girls would love these little boxes!! They are sturdy and you made them up beautifully!! I must get stuck into making one. Donna has great templates.

Selene Kempton said...

Girl! You are going to need a uhaul for convention! This is so beautiful! I love the gold embossing!

Kylie said...

WOW Leigh,
One word...STUNNING lol!
The colours you used, the embossing, everything is sooooooooooooooo STUNNING!

Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

Kathy Jones said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!! They look incredible and like such a lot of work!!!!! People are going to flip when they see these beauties!!!!

Kim said...

Leigh, I can testify that these were to die for! We were all thrilled to receive one at our get together and we were also thrilled to spend time with you again this year at convention! Had a ball! Thanks for the laughs! Looking forward to next year!!'

XX
Kim

Mandy Schiller said...

Ha ha Leigh, and you no what I called you! But seriously I was extremely lucky to be able to take one of these home with me. I have it sitting out on display with a couple of others! We just had such a great time. Looking forward to Melbourne! Bring it on!

Mandyxx

Jeannie said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! I've got the template already and I'll have to copy your color choices! TFS!

Unknown said...

Your boxes are adorable Leigh...you should definately sell these. You are sooo clever!Thanks for showing the photo.
Alicia xx

Nancy said...

Gorgeous!!! My goodness that's a ton of work but I'm certain they were appreciated! Fab :)