Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vintage Crafty Secrets Bird

Good morning everyone.  This card was my first attempt at the vintage look.  Linda Coughlin alias The Funkie Junkie was once again the source of my inspiration.  I used her sketch on this card but changed the elements, colour etc.  I was absolutely stoked with the way it turned out.  Once again, I hand dyed cotton crinoline and tulle with glimmer mists to make the flowers.  Tutorial on Linda's blog. The antique brads and safety pin are from Stampin' Up and I love them.
The cardstock is Stampin' Up and so are the papers except the music one which came from my stash.
This card has machine sewing on some of the layers and I'm quite proud that I managed to do it.
Before you ask, no I don't have this card anymore.  It too was snapped up very quickly.
Thank you once again for visiting.  Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Leonie said...

Wow Leigh you hvae been making some bautiful cards! Gald to see you are back in action! Not so for me though, still as busy as ever,one day soon I haope to have many un-interrupted crafting hours, lol!

Cheryl said...

OMG STUNNING,I love this!!!
xx

Christina said...

Woww a beautiful card Leigh! Love the deatils you have used!
Hugs Kristel

Kylie said...

WOW,
Your card is simply GORGEOUS Leigh!
Love your elements and one again your flowers are wonderful, LOVE everything about your gorgeous card!

Take care,
Kylie X

Jean McKenzie said...

Yum!!! My colours and the flowers turned out beautifully! Very pretty!