Sunday, August 28, 2011

Little Girls Like Pink!

Well maybe not all little girls but the one this card is for certainly does and also butterflies.  The sketch is this week's The Sweet Stop Sketch #123.  The reason for the 3d Sarah Kay image is simple....I was challenged by a UK friend of mine to use a 3d or peel off (out of my very neglected/not used anymore stash) with my Stampin' Up stash.  I selected the lesser evil, the 3d image.  I have hundreds of peel offs which I very rarely use...they are just sitting in the cupboard.  The same goes for all the 3d's I have...all just sitting in the cupboard.
Fortunately, Blushing Bride goes beautifully with this pretty little Sarah Kay 3d.  My colour coach indicated that Early Espresso and Pear Pizazz were a good choice with Blushing Bride so I included them both.
Mmmmm that is dsp that I've used but you can't see the little dots very well in photo.  Pity because I chose it specifically to go with the little girl's dress.  The flowers are out of my stash and fits another challenge the same friend issued....to use fabric/paper flowers on a card.  So I've met both challenges.
Thanks Kerrie.  I hope I've passed with flying colours!!! lol
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with another card....stamping etc this time. rofl
I hope all our US friends are safe or trying to keep safe.  Thinking of you all.
Enjoy your afternoon everyone.  I'm off to make some Melting Moments.

10 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Very pretty Leigh and you have met the challenges beautifully!! I can see the spots on the DSP and yes it does go perfectly with the little dress! I am sure the little girl will just love your card!

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Lol Leigh you most certainly have passed with flying colours !!!

Well done im very proud of you for taking the challenge even though you didn't want to! Big gold star to you!!!

Your card looks beautiful and matches so well inspired me to use my ribbon now lol!!

Well done one big gold star!!!

Christina said...

Woww this is gorgeous Leigh! Really devine!
Hugs Kristel

Kylie said...

What an adorable card Leigh! She is soooooo pretty and I LOVE the flowers and all your embellishments!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Unknown said...

This is so so pretty! I love pink!
Alicia xx

Leonie said...

Oh Leigh, this is beautiful. Big girls like pink too, lol!

Petronela said...

oh my there's a lot of work & love gone into this card, it needs to be framed, beautiful Leigh xx

Lisa Kmiec said...

This is adorable!

Joanne Leddy said...

Beautiful! She's gorgeous and the colors compliment her coloring perfectly!

Curt in Indy said...

You certainly need to use 3-D elements more often. This is simply beautiful. I clicked on the picture for a better view and can see the tiny dots on the paper just fine, and it looks perfect. Great card! I'm dying to know what those "melts" are you said you were going to make. LOL Best, Curt