Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Card Patterns Sketch 148

I was lying in bed last night designing this card in my head after I saw the Card Patterns sketch.  So this morning I had to sit down and make it.  I'm absolutely stoked with the way this has turned out.

  The card stock colours are vanilla, Going Grey (retired), Riding Hood Red.  I also added lots of lace, velvet ribbon and a Websters vintage button with a black pearl in the centre.  The round panel is inked with Groovy Guava and layered on a scalloped nestie circle.  I felt the black leaves and black tipped corsage pin just added that bit of something to the card.  Prima flowers and black pearls finished it all off.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

4 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Another beauty - you are on fire!! I must get into gear and use some of this paper stash I have! Love the stamp you used and that combination of flowers!!

Christina said...

That is a real beauty Leigh! Looks great!
Hugs Kristel

Leslie Miller said...

So I'm not the only one who falls asleep designing cards in my head? This turned out just gorgeous! I love all that floral femininity!

Clare said...

Great card, love the roses, thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.