Monday, September 24, 2012

Sympathy In Midnight Muse

Unfortunately in the last week I have needed to make a couple of sympathy cards, this is one of them.
The sketch is very basic and everyone uses it but I felt it suited this card.  There isn't any ribbon on it a) because I didn't have any and b) because I felt for a male sympathy it wasn't needed.
The colours are Midnight Muse and Whisper White.  I fussy cut the Apothecary Art stamp so the space between the Midnight Muse Label framelit and the stamped image wasn't huge.  I think it looks nicer that way.

I've been away at a craft retreat in Brisbane.  It was the best camp.  We had a ball. I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures, no time...between eating, crafting and sleeping, the weekend just flew.

Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoy your day.
 
         

9 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Leigh, this new colour is so good for a sympathy card for a male. Very nice - it must have been hard for you not to use some kind of ribbon on a card LOL!!

Marlies said...

A beautiful, elegant card Leigh! hgs, Marlies

Kylie said...

Beautiful Leigh and the colours are wonderful and love your design!

Hugs,
Kylie X

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey Leigh - so glad you enjoyed your retreat !! I love this sympathy card and the color is wonderful.

Curt in Indy said...

This is a perfect card for such a sad occasion. I like the colors you chose and the layout. I'm sorry for the need for this card. Hope you are well, and thank you for welcoming me back! Best, Curt

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Leigh, this is beautiful. It is hard to make sympathy cards but you've really added such warmth and love into this elegant card. Beautiful!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey! Just stopped by to say hello. No post since last month? I hope you are doing OK. . .Best, Curt

Maissi said...

Beuatiful and stylish card and so elegant :) Thanks for visiting in my blog and for your comment!

Connie said...

This card is perfect.
Beautiful, elegant and from the heart.

I'm sorry that you had the need to make it. It is always a sad thing to have to do.

Have a bright and cheerful day,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)