Monday, February 10, 2014

Violet Crush Birthday Card

Good afternoon everyone.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my Gingham Garden card.  Very much appreciated.
I have another card to share.  This is made using the Kaisercraft Violet Crush 6 x 6 paper pad, that Jean very kindly gave me for my birthday.
The card that gave me the inspiration for this one came from Sharon at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

I basically did the same as Sharon with the paper but added different elements.   The green velvet ric rac and green pearls are in Sharon's shop as is the wide wrinkled ribbon.  The butterfly was cut out from one of the papers in the pad.  I stamped the greeting from the Stampin' Up hostess set Express Yourself onto one of the tags in the collectables that match the paper.  This was then layered onto a motif cut from Spellbinders Parisian Motifs.  The little purple flowers were amongst a lovely selection of goodies given to me by a wonderful lady who works at the Tourist Centre in Sarina.  I showed her the card today when I booked it in for sale and Sandy was really chuffed to see them used.
Voila, a lovely pretty card.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. 

3 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

So pretty! I love how you have used this paper! Gorgeous velvet ribbon and flowers set it all off so nicely!

Leslie Miller said...

Lovely flowers, velvet rick rack, and paper! The name alone makes me want to buy it -- Velvet Crush -- gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Did I say velvet crush? If so, I meant Violet Crush. By the way, you remind me that I have some gorgeous red velvet rick rack I need to use. I think it's one of those things I've been hoarding, tsk tsk.