Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Time Flies!!!

Good morning everyone.   I'm back again to show you another class card the ladies did last Friday. 
When I saw this stamp by JustRite....I had to have it.   lol  
The sketch I used is this one from Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
I started with a base card of Stampin' Up Naturals White.  Layered on to this is Early Espresso.  The papers are from Kaisercraft Art of Life paper pad with the roman circle numbers piece from an old collection from Bo Bunny called Timepiece.  The ribbon is May Arts woven stripe from Sharon's shop.
I used a combination of Tim Holtz mini gears and brass charms for the cogs.  The clock hands have been punched out using a very old punch from EK Success.  Underneath the watch hands is a small washer, another Tim Holtz product.  I love the effect the watch hands, washer and cog gave when layered onto each other and attached with a Tim Holtz mini brad.
Onto the actual watch face.  The idea for this came from this card by Deborah Saaranen. I stamped the image with Black Archival ink on to Vanilla craft board,  then coloured around the outside with a distress marker.  The inside border has also been coloured with a distress marker....sorry, I can't remember which ones now.  I sponged with a dauber, distress inks onto the watch face to age it and also to give it a pearly look.  I then put four layers of UTEE over the lot.  After doing nine of these watch faces I was absolutely over UTEE. lol  When the clock faces were completely cool, I pierced a hole through each one and added a large black brad to the centre of the clock to give it a bit more dimension.
I just had to add wings to my clock to match the greeting I used, which is a Vilda stamp, despite my friend Jean, having a very real aversion to wings on things. lol
My wings are stamps that I purchased on ebay some time ago and are from here I think.  I stamped them in Black Archival ink and then sponged vintage photo distress ink over them.  The Time Flies greeting has a little butterfly on it.  I covered this over with a cog to keep in with the male theme.
Despite the card looking quite simple, there was quite a bit of work in it but I am extremely happy with the way it turned out.
Thanks for taking the time to visit today.  I hope you like my card.
Keep well.
 
.

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! All the detail you put into this is amazing! And you did this for a class? I'll bet your class was thrilled with it! You sure had all the right parts to put together. Fabulous!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with fab details!! hugs, Marlies