Thursday, April 10, 2014

Secret Garden.

I've had the Graphic 45 Secret Garden papers for some time but haven't used a lot of them. They are so pretty that really I couldn't bring myself to cut into them, but one can't hoard everything so I used them today.
This is the card the ladies will be making in class tomorrow afternoon.
These ladies just like to make cards without learning techniques and stamping so I'm pretty sure this one will go down well.
The base card is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla with the next layer being apricot Bazzill.  I love the blue with the apricot in the papers, so I felt that the blue silk threaded through the lace with a blue silk ribbon bow would be a perfect contrast to the pale peach roses.  I tucked a couple of little ivory sweetheart blossoms in amongst the roses to pick up the lace and doily ivory colour. The leaves are from my favourite leaf die at the moment, Elizabeth Craft Designs Curvy Leaves and they've been cut from Always Artichoke and Pear Pizazz.  The pretty, pretty eyelet lace is from Linda at The Funkie Junkie.
Sharon from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has silk ribbon and seam binding kits to match the Graphic 45 Secret Garden papers.
I cut the image and Baja Breeze layer with Deckled Rectangles Nestabilities.  
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Keep well everyone.
 

3 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Gorgeous! Love the paper, the flower arrangement and the pretty bow!

Leslie Miller said...

Be still my heart! This is beyond beautiful. These are papers that would be easy to hoard, but I'm so glad I get to see them today. Love the ribbon woven through the lace, and the big silk bow. Now there's something I've been hoarding a little. Silk makes the BEST bows the way it pinches in so small in the center. I need to stock up on some colors so I can quit hoarding. Your flower arrangement is gorgeous, too, and such a nice color combination. I guess I just love it all over!

Stacy Morgan said...

So vintage like and feminine. Your lace with this paper is beautiful.The flowers are a perfect match to the paper as well. Makes me think of my grandma, just beautiful!