Saturday, April 5, 2014

Shabby Tearoom #212 Pretty In Pink For Cardabilities #96

Good evening all.
I had an order to fill, three cards, two engagement and one wedding.  The stipulation was that they had to be pink and cream/white and have a vintage look.
This is one of the engagement cards.  I used Cardabilities sketch #96.  Fortunately, the criteria of the Shabby Tea Room challenge #212 is to include white and /or cream, pink, green, flowers, lace and/or ribbon. So I qualify for both challenges this week.
I used a base of Stampin' Up Whisper White, then a layer of Blushing Bride.  The designer paper is Magnolia and is old now....I've had it at least a couple of years.
My pretty doily is one from Meg's Garden and was square.  I cut it in half diagonally and tucked it under the blushing bride layer.  The swirls are Magnolia and I cut them from white glitter card stock.  Onto these swirls I layered some die cut leaves, which once again, I think is a Magnolia die.  Garden Green is the colour card stock I used here.  Then out of some flowers from my stash, I created a bouquet.  It's all glued down firmly with Multi Medium Matte from Ranger.
A little stretchy lace across the bottom and a greeting finishes off the card.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Keep well.
 

7 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Another pretty card - love the gingham paper and the very well arranged flowers! Great colour combo!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! It really got my eye in the Cardabilities thumbnail pic. Thanks for linking up with Cardabilities.

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Leigh! I love how you did your flower arrangement on this one. It is beautiful! Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Curt

Leslie Miller said...

Someone likes pink, do they? Well, I do, too, and this is simply beautiful! Pink gingham always has such a sweet look to it, and then with the gorgeous bouquet, lace, and doily -- lovely!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Sweet card, I love aal of flowers :)
Thank you for joining us on Cardabilities :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh pink gingham and flowers, the ever perfect combo. Your spray of flowers is wonderful, that rectangle doily looks is fabulous. Truly beautiful!

Mrs Frizz said...

Very spring like. Love your choice of embellishments and colours.

Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.